CHIME Announces Incoming Board Members and 2023-2024 Board Officers
ANN ARBOR, MI, October 12, 2022 The College of Health Information Management Executives (CHIME) proudly introduces three (3) new CIO members and one (1) new Foundation member representative that will join the CHIME Board of Trustees in January 2023. Collectively, the board members include leading digital health and business experts who will provide strategic oversight and pave the way toward CHIME’s continued innovation and growth. This diverse group brings a broad set of skills and expertise that will help further CHIME’s mission to advance and serve healthcare leaders and the industry improving health and care globally through the utilization of knowledge and technology.
CHIME and CHIME Foundation members had the privilege of choosing from an outstanding slate of candidates this year,” said CHIME Board of Trustees Chair, Tanya Townsend, System Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer for LCMC Health System. “CHIME is able to stay on a trajectory of growth because of the support, guidance, and trust of this outstanding group of leaders. This diverse group has a clear vision for where the industry is heading and has the ability to innovate, transform, and create positive change,” said Townsend.
New members appointed to the CHIME Board of Trustees include
- Daniel Barchi CHCIO, LCHIME, CIO, New York-Presbyterian
- Terri Couts, CHCIO, SVP & CIO, Guthrie Clinic
- Tressa Springmann, CHCIO, FCHIME, SVP, CIDO, LifeBridge Health
Beginning January 1, 2023, the new CHIME Foundation Board Director is:
- Sean Kelly, MD, Chief Medical Officer, WELL Health
In addition, CHIME is pleased to announce the 2023 and 2024 CHIME Board of Trustees Officers.
Beginning January 1, 2023, the new CHIME Board of Trustees Officers are:
- Daniel Nigrin, (Chairperson), MD, CHCIO, CIO, MaineHealth
- Sarah Richardson(Secretary), CHCIO, FCHIME, SVP and CDIO, Tivity Health;
- Rusty Yeager (Treasurer), CHCIO, LCHIME, SVP and CIO, Encompass Health
Starting January 1, 2024, the new CHIME Board of Trustees Officers will be:
- Scott MacLean(Chairperson) CHCIO, FCHIME, SVP and CIO at MedStar Health
- Aaron Miri (Treasurer) CHCIO, FCHIME, SVP and CDIO at Baptist Health
- Sheree McFarland (Secretary) CHCIO, FCHIME, LCHIME and CIO at HCA
CHIME extends gratitude to three (3) board members who are stepping down from the CHIME Board of Trustees due to new positions within a Foundation Firm.
- John Kravitz’s tenure as Foundation Chair will be completed by Tanya Townsend
- Buddy Hickman’s role as Treasurer-Elect will be served by Rusty Yeager for 2023
- Stephanie Lahr’s role as Secretary-Elect will be filled by Sheree McFarland for 2023 and 2024
The CHIME Foundation Board will expand to support continuity of board service and will have three (3) new positions to be filled by past Board members. These members will rotate with a new person each year.
Starting January 1, 2023, the new seats will be:
- John Kravitz, Three-year term
- Zane Burke, Two-year term
- Buddy Hickman, One-year term
The College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) is an executive organization dedicated to serving chief information officers (CIOs), chief medical information officers (CMIOs), chief nursing information officers (CNIOs), chief innovation officers (CIOs), chief digital officers (CDOs) and other senior healthcare IT leaders. With more than 5,000 members in 58 countries plus two U.S. territories and over 190 healthcare IT business partners and professional services firms, CHIME and its three associations provide a highly interactive, trusted environment enabling senior professional and industry leaders to collaborate, exchange best practices, address professional development needs and advocate the effective use of information management to improve the health and care in the communities they serve. For more information, please visit chimecentral.org